I just realised that it has been a year since I started this blog. I began writing stories for this blog because I felt great about surviving my first year as a first time mom. At that time, a number of first time moms were asking me about the things I did to help me out with breastfeeding, dealing with the baby blues, what products I used with my baby girl to make life easier…
I wrote about all those things to help other moms as well, but I realised I never really introduced myself. So here are 10 random things about myself.
1. I love photography and I love children, so I became a photographer for kids as a profession back in 2007 and kids’ events in 2013. I have loved it ever since and continue to do what I love until today.
2. I love the color purple!
3. When I’m not busy being a mom (which is most of the time) and a photographer, I am a healer. I draw mandalas and read them for people who want to know where they are in their lives by channeling them. I am also a certified practitioner of Theta Healing, a master of Reiki, and I also do the occasional Angel card reading and crystal healing.
4. I love watching Japanese anime. I used to spend so much of my allowance on them when I was in high school. My favorites include Ranma 1/2, Orange, and everything by Studio Ghibli.
5. Next to water, my favorite beverage is coffee. I take pleasure in making it as much I enjoy drinking it. My husband incorporated coffee into his daily regimen because of me. In fact, my sisters and my best friend claim that there is magic in the coffee concoctions I make. My dream is to open a coffee shop.
6. My guilty pleasure is Netflix. I wish I had all the time in the world for it.
7. I love dogs, most especially our corgi, Bella; our late cocker spaniel, Beatle; and my godson basset hound, Copper.
8. I love long drives. Whenever we go on a road trip, I always volunteer to take the wheel.
9. I’m known for being grouchy when I wake up. I’ve mellowed a lot since those newborn sleepless nights.
10. Whenever I travel to a new place, I really get a kick out of souvenir stores and book stores.
So these are just a few things about me to give you an idea of the person behind all these stories. Hoping I can inspire and encourage more moms with their own journeys.